The Virtual Sunday Retreats program is designed to provide you with the opportunity to access wisdom teachings and engage in a retreat atmosphere from home. It’s our hope that this set of teachings can assist you in keeping the spark of your sadhana bright in this somber period of the pandemic. Of course, in this time of isolation, embarking on formal retreats is not possible, and we hope these retreat units can provide you with the immersion and deepening in sadhana that you might be needing.
In times of prolonged stress, as is the case with the COVID-19 crisis, the mind-body-spirit is in need of restoration and rejuvenation through sadhana. Mantras that pay homage to the feminine divine can provide a protective shield and an energetic inner shower to cleanse and purify states of agitation, fear, and stress. Asana provides restoration and vitality, giving a stable and enlivened base to weather these storms. Taken in combination, these practices are supportive and illuminating medicine.
The units offered in the virtual retreats are as follows:
- UNIT A: Chandi Patha Mantra Sadhana and Theory, with Gitte Bechsgaard
- Focus on the deeper and protective mantras and looking at esoteric meaning and symbolism
- A copy of the Chandi Patha is required for participation
- Open for module course students only
Time: 6:00am-7:00am PST (California), 9:00am-10:00am EST (New York), 2:00pm-3:00pm UK, 3:00pm-4:00pm Europe
- UNIT B: Mantra Sadhana and The Feminine Divine: an Exploration of Practice and Theory, with Gitte Bechsgaard
- Focus on mantra sadhana as the main instrument and method for spiritualization in the context of scriptural study of the Feminine Divine
- Open for all individuals: relevant for newcomers and seasoned practitioners
Time: 7:30am-9:00am PST (California), 10:30am-12:00pm EST (New York), 3:30pm-5:00pm UK, 4:30pm-6:00pm Europe
- UNIT C: Iyengar Yoga Sadhana, with Gloria Goldberg (April 26th, May 24th) and Sheila Haswell (May 3rd, May 17 th)
- Asana sadhana is integrated with themes covered in mantra sadhana and theory
- Open to all individuals
Time: 9:30am-11:00am PST (California), 12:30pm-2:00pm EST (New York), 5:30pm-7:00pm UK, 6:30pm-8:00pm Europe
The units are offered in two tiers, where it is possible to take: 1) all of the units for a total of four hours of teachings per Sunday (students who have taken or are currently enrolled in the Module course only), or 2) Unit B and C for a total of three hours of teachings per Sunday (open to all individuals).
How It Works:
On the day of the course we will send 3 emails to you with a link to join the class – one 12 hours before the class, one 3 hours before the class, and one 30 minutes before the class. All three of these emails will have a link which you can click which will send you straight to the page with a live stream of the class.
If you for some reason miss or are unable to attend a session, dont worry! You will recieve a video recording within 24 hours of the class that you can watch in your own time.
- TIER 1: UNIT A + B + C = $175.00 USD
- TIER 2: UNIT B + C = $145.00 USD
NOTE: Each unit will have an individual Zoom meeting invitation
PLATFORM: Zoom. Please create your Zoom account in advance so you know how to use it. We take privacy precautions where possible to ensure a secure virtual meeting space.